Kepler track, 3-4 days. along Lake Te Anau through the Beech forest, then a steep 3 hour climb up and eventually beyond the tree line to Luxmore hut. A great next day following the high ridge lines with fantastic views, then a long, hard, steep descent back down Iris Burn hut, about 2/3rds up a glacial valley. An easier final day down the valley to Lake Manapouri, where the third night’s hut was. But got there at 2pm, and the sandflies were bad, so kept going for another 1.5 hours following the Waiau River, back to the Rainbow reach carpark, and managed to get a lift back to my car at the other starting point (see the map and you will understand).
- New Zealand (South Island) November 2017
- Perth Bushwalkers, Stirling Ranges trip, Easter 2016
- Everest Circuit, Nepal, October 2015
- Cape to Cape, August 2015
- Pilbara trip August 2015
- Munda Biddi Trail, Perth to Albany, April 2014
- Munda Biddi Trail, Manjimup to Dwellingup, November 2011